Minimizing risk. Maximizing potential.
One of our primary goals is to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns while minimizing the risk of capital loss. To accomplish this goal, we believe we need to acutely understand both the risks and opportunities of a portfolio company. We utilize the depth of experience of our investment professionals, along with our investment advisor’s “hands-on, eyes-on-the-details” approach to see below the surface.
Our focus is on partnering with outstanding companies in the lower middle market. Following are the general criteria and guidelines we use to evaluate investment opportunities and construct our portfolio:
- Value orientation/positive cash flow
- Experienced management teams with meaningful equity ownership
- Niche market leaders with defensible market positions
- Diversified customer and supplier base
- Significant invested capital
- Viable exit strategy